- Wydawnictwo: Microsoft Press
- Data wydania: 23 lutego 2005
- Liczba stron: 608
- Francesco Balena
- Giuseppe Dimauro
Get the real-world coding guidelines, expert tips, and rock-solid guidance you need to take your development expertise to the next level. Drawing on their extensive programming and consulting experience, respected developers Francesco Balena and Giuseppe Dimauro share more than 700 programming best practices for Visual Basic and Visual C#. For each rule the authors explain the purpose, illuminate their whys and why-nots, highlight exceptions and alternatives, and provide real-world code samples.
Use the practical, reliable techniques in this book to:
- Take full advantage of the Microsoft .NET Framework—and write reusable, robust, and security-enhanced code
- Build software solutions that are both efficient and scalable
- Implement rational and easy-to-use class libraries and object hierarchies
- Adopt coherent coding styles and techniques to increase team productivity
- Extend your programming expertise, problem-solving skills, and creativity!
Find best practices for working with:
- resources and localization
- types and structures
- exception handling
- custom attributes
- numbers and dates
- array and collection types
- memory usage and object finalization
- Windows Forms applications
- Microsoft ADO.NET
- Microsoft ASP.NET Web Forms and Web services applications
- threading and synchronization
- PInvoke and COM Interop
- serviced components
- security considerations
- and more
Get code samples for Visual Basic and C# on the Web:For information on code samples and system requirements, please see Appendix C.
Francesco Balena is the author of Programming Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, Programming Microsoft Visual Basic .NET, and Programming Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Version 2003, and the coauthor of Applied Microsoft .NET Framework Programming in Microsoft Visual Basic .NET, all from Microsoft Press. He is an MSDN Regional Director for Italy, and a regular speaker at US and European conferences.
Giuseppe Dimauro is an MSDN Regional Director for Italy and a regular speaker at Italian conferences such as Windows Professional Conferences, DevDays, and MSDN events. He teaches and consults for Microsoft Italy on technologies such as COM+, Microsoft SQL Server™, and Microsoft Exchange Server.
Francesco and Giuseppe are founders of Code Architects Srl, a Italian software company that specializes in using Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft technologies to create enterprise-level solutions.